The team at BOARDBUBL ™ have recognised that people are waking up to the issues of single use plastic and how much of it is ending up in our oceans. Our aim is to eliminate the need for single use packaging in the Surf Board industry, to get boards from the factory to the consumer safely and in a way that is much more sustainable and which won’t ultimately pollute our oceans. If we want other industries to change then surely we must expect the surfboard industry to lead by example! Many others have tried to protect boards using different materials which look great but simply just don't work. Single use, is still single use, no matter what material you use. So we decided to create BoardBUBL™ to fix this problem; BoardBUBL™ is not single use, it is designed to be used and re-used for as long as you own the board. It protects your board during the journey from factory to you, once you receive it you use it to line your own board bag to ensure that your board is protected for as long as you own it. Leading board makers are already using BoardBUBL™ to guarantee boards arrive ding and damage free.
HOW TO USE BOARDBUBL™
Packing Fragile Boards - FAST!
Interested in learning more about BoardBUBL ™? Check out our most frequently asked questions below to see if the information you’re looking for is included. If not, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
HOW DO I INFLATE BOARDBUBL™?
1. You will need a compressed air supply.
2. Regulate the pressure to 0.7 – 1.0 bar.
3. Insert the nozzle from the compressed air supply into the inflation tube that runs
along the edge of the BoardBUBL™ products.
4. Close the other end of the inflation tube using your fingers or a clip
5. Switch on the air supply and the product will inflate – once inflated –remove the compressed air supply and then BoardBUBL™ is ready to use.
HOW DO I USE BOARDBUBL™?
1. Tear the perforated sections apart allowing enough BoardBUBL™ to line the base of the box.
2. Line the base of the box/board bag with this layer of BoardBUBL™.
3. Place the board on the layer.
4. Place another inflated sheet of BoardBUBL™ over the top. You can overlap/pack out the nose and tail for extra protection.
5. Fill any spaces with tubes to protect any possible exposed areas. Every tube/sheet
has a perforated tear seam. This means you can use just one or many to fill in
I'M A TRAVELLING SURFER CAN I USE BOARDBUBL™ WITH MY BOARD BAG?
The answer is yes, most definitely. Although the products were developed for board
manufacturers and suppliers to use for their shipments, it works really well for individual
use as well.
"Switching to BUBL products has sped up our preparing of shipments, lightened the boxes we send out and made it easier for our customers to deal with our packaging. All this while offering our boards great protection”
“After seeing an increase in damaged shipments last year we decided to switch over to using the revolutionary BoardBUBL packaging (www.boardbubl.com) for all our surfboard shipments going forward. We’ve had a tremendous response to this new material and have reduced damages by more than 80% to-date.“
Tex Vertongen, CFO/COO, FireWire Surfboards
Margaret Yao Calcani, General Manager
paragraphs & more.